Friday, April 17, 2009

on a day like today

spring is totally flirting with me today. it's all like, oh, hey, lindsey, hey it's spring, you remember me, let me caress your shoulders and kiss you behind the ear a little bit and let's maybe talk about going to bed together. and since i am like a giddy schoolgirl when spring comes around, i totally buy into this and i'm flirting right back - showing a little toe in a pair of sandals, maybe letting spring get a little glimpse of some leg, whispering some promises about a sundress that is pretty much sheer in the right lighting. i am loving spring and spring is loving me. this affair, like every year, will end with spring getting bored with me, and me forgetting all about spring so i can lust after summer, in all of summer's hot hot heatness. but you know, you get into bed with summer and most likely summer will be kinda peeved about you messing around with spring and he will leave you with a sunburn and funny tan lines. and that is just summer's way of sticking it to you without any serious drama, cause then summer is all like, oh, baby, you got burned...this is all spring's fault for not prepping you better for my hotness...let me rub some aloe on your sweet baby skin. and then i am not mad at summer any more.

but i swear, on days like this, when spring first shows up and is all like, hey girl (and he says this in the same voice as whoever that guy is from boys to men that does all the talking parts in the songs), i know you missed me. i know you been dreaming about me. and i might try to play hard to get, just a little, cause i don't want spring to think i am easy. but oh my god, am i ever. every time i see spring, every single year, i always forget that i am pissed that spring just blows into town and then leaves whenever the hell he wants, and i am just like putty in spring's hands. whatever spring wants from me, spring gets. i have no will power. i cannot fight my love for spring. swoon.

in my next life, i am coming back as a lion. but not just any lion, i want to be a lion in a zoo. yeah yeah yeah, animals in captivity and blah blah whatever. on days like this, if i was a lion in a zoo, i would park my ass, belly-up, in the sunniest spot i could find and i would not move. i might even lie there with my tounge hanging out. and i would tell that damn zookeeper that if i did not get a snowball treat while i was lounging, well, someone will be going home without a hand today. and i could do that cause i'd be a lion. and you cannot reason with a lion.

but that was totally random and had nothing to do with the first part of my posting. if i were editing myself, there would be all kinds of notes in the margin of this, like, these things are not related, where are you going with this? and then i would answer myself- spring has come back to me. i am not going anywhere with this. and i do not really care.

No comments: