Thursday, April 9, 2009

death cab for WOOOOOOOOOOtie

seeing as how today i celebrate my 29th year of life, i thought i would blog about something poignant about where all the time goes and what i've accomplished so far and all that sentimental gooey stuff, but then i thought, that would be kinda boring and only 2 people read this anyway, so i really can't afford to bore my readers.

i thought instead i would make note of something i found rather amusing last night, while in attendance at a Death Cab for Cutie concert (that was largely attended by stoned college kids and girls who think Ben Gibbard is attractive). this is how an audience communicates with their beloved rock stars:

Rock Star: Hey! How's everyone doing tonight?
Audience: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Rock Star: Man, it's so f'n awesome to be back in DC, we love this city!
Audience: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Rock Star: Thank you so much! This next song is called Blah Blah Blah and we hope you like it!
Audience: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Rock Star: You guys rock! Thanks for coming, goodnight!
Audience: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

so i thought, wouldn't it just be hilarious if we responded to EVERYONE the way we respond to rock stars?

Boss: Goodmorning, Lindsey, how are you today?
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Boss: So, were you able to get that paperwork down to accounting today?
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Boss: I'm on my way to a meeting, can you hold my calls until I get back?
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Fellow Metro Rider: Excuse me, you left your umbrella on your seat (hands it back).
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Fellow Metro Rider: Can you tell me if this train goes to Union Station?
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Fellow Metro Rider: Wow, is it always this crowded??
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Verizon Customer Service: Thank you for holding, Mrs. Hansen, how can I help you today?
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
VCS: Hello, are you having a techincal problem with your phone?
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
VCS: I think your phone must be broken. I'm upgrading you to a new one and we'll get that out to you today. All I can hear is someone shouting.
Me: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

really, i could do this all day. and i would totally crack myself up. but, whatever. i'm 29 today. i can be as immature as i feel like it. so THERE!!!

No comments: