Friday, July 27, 2012

that's MS. mayor to you


if i had to venture a guess, i would say there are currently about (or at least) 50 pairs of shoes in my closet. i mean, i am no imelda marcos, but i am aware of the fact that my collection of footwear is pretty much on the border between what is considered acceptable insanity and full on being the mayor of crazytown. what is most ridiculous about this collection is the fact that of my 50 or so pairs of shoes, there are at least ten that i have never worn, probably 30 that i have worn one time, and another ten that i have worn so many times i have to have the caps on the heels replaced on a regular basis. i realize that this makes little to no sense whatsoever (which is probably what puts me so close to the mayor of crazytown end of things), but for the most part, i literally have no defense against a pair of heels. none. (unless, of course, their offensive tactic is that they are out of my price range)

enter my newest addition to the collection. seriously, i have NO IDEA where i am ever going to wear these shoes. they are NEON yellow and not so easy to walk in. they are also COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. but perhaps that is why i am so in love with them. it makes me happy just to open my closet and see them (which i can even do in the dark, because they are so neon they practically glow) sitting there, waiting patiently for me to take them for a spin. i have serious doubts about my ability to walk more than a block in them, and seeing as how i live in dc and not tokyo, i am sure i will probably get a few strange looks from bewildered midwestern tourists on the metro. but i suppose that when one steps out in a pair of heel-less platform wedges, there is a certain amount of "LOOK HOW BEAUTIFULLY RIDICULOUS MY SHOES ARE!!!" going through one's head anyway.

i am pretty sure this purchase has pushed me into crazytown. but as long as i'm here and since i get to be the mayor, at least i can vow to clean up the streets a little and do something about the public school system. bonus that i get to do it all in the most un-sensible shoes ever known to my closet.

No comments: