Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the reason for my tardiness

it finally hit me today why i tend to be late to work in the mornings. usually i have no problem getting on the metro, most of the time there are a few seats open, or if i have to stand, i pretty much have my precious bubble of personal space all to myself. this is because i get on the train between 8:50 and 9am. when one gets on the train in order to be AT work by 9 am, one finds themselves crammed into a car with about 497 other people who are also trying to be at work by 9 am, which is pretty uncomfortable, especially when it's 98 degrees, the car a/c is clearly not working properly, and you have 4 elbows in your face. this kind of sardine like lifestyle is obviously not healthy for me or my personal space, so i think i am perfectly justified in traipsing into work a little on the late side so i don't have to start my morning off with strangers breathing all over me. is that too much to ask? no. i didn't think so.

No comments: